Answer these ten simple questions with a yes or no. Keep track of your answers, then find out below if you are, in fact, a Vera Bradley addict.
1. Does your purse match your wallet, and does it also coordinate with your cosmetic bag and suitcase? If only your husband would consent, would your bedroom duvet and living room rug also match your purse?
2. Think about the phrase: “Your purse looks like a granny bag!” — Are you insulted by this phrase? Are these fighting words?
3. Although you may be reluctant to admit it, do you write letters on a regular basis to the Vera Bradley company with product ideas, with the hope that if their product development department likes your ideas, they will send you free samples!
4. Can you recognize and name all the Vera Bradley fabrics, both new and not-so-new, and because of this, can you spot a knockoff from a mile away?
5. Do you plan your vacation to coincide with the dates of the annual outlet sale?
6. Have you signed up for a Kaboodle account with the intention of keeping track of the Christmas lists for your kids, but instead have about ten Vera Bradley lists – items you own, the styles you want, the sites you like to visit – need I go on…
7. Does your purse have a pocket for just about everything – there’s a pocket for your keys, another one for your sunglasses, a pocket for your cell phone, and four other pockets that I won’t even mention?
8. Does your husband no longer buy you flowers and expensive jewelry for gifts? Instead, is he one of the few men shopping on Etsy, buying you handmade earrings and necklaces made with your favorite Vera Bradley fabrics?
9. Did you give up stamp collecting to start a purse collection?
10. Your husband told you to invest your family’s 2008 tax rebate check in a good company. You invested it in Vera Bradley. Is your investment currently in your trunk or closet?
Now, for the moment of truth…
If you answered “no” to all the above questions, why did you take this quiz in the first place!
If you have 1-2 “yes” answers, you’re not addicted yet. However, the warning signs are there.
If you answered “yes” to three or more of these questions, it’s very likely that you are indeed addicted. You can either seek out professional help, or as I like to do, engage in shopping therapy by tracking down some great Vera Bradley bargains online.